It's pretty interesting reading about how the parents handle the incident. The mother of Emily saddens me. One event that keeps happening being the phone calls from Emily's friends. When one first calls for Emily, the mother, Melanie, simply hangs up. She shows her denial of the situation, especially with the next call for Emily, to which she whispers, "Stop" and hangs up. It really is sad to read though, I can sort of relate to how she feels, not so much the denial part though. I sort of know the feeling of losing someone, since I've dealt with coming dangerously close to losing a sibling, and even that makes me imagine truly losing her.
Besides Melanie, James, the father of Emily's boyfriend, has been acting interesting too. It sort of reminds me of a relative of mine. He grew up around that same anti-emotions time, and also had that depression-is-easy to-overcome mindset. I guess I can sort of feel a connection to Emily and her boyfriend, Chris' families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment