welcome Pictures, Images and Photos

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Pact—Beginning

I read some of my classmates' reviews on this book, or maybe just one review, anyway, it seemed interesting, so I bought it. Even the first few pages gave me a good feeling. After reading up to the part in the hospital, I decided to stop and read the blurb on the back. A "suicidal pact" sounded quite intriguing.
Anyway, I found the language in this book to be quite realistic. It would describe all the masks the characters wear, and then give a mini exposé on how they really feel. Picoult didn't hold back on the characters' feelings when writing this, which seemed quite refreshing compared to other books that weren't so focused on emotions. I have to say, I was caught off guard with how realistic it was, particularly the language used by and to describe the characters' feelings.
So, I haven't gotten very far in this book, but it certainly has an attractive quality about it, and I'm looking forward to finding out how this writing style guides the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment