Thursday, November 12, 2009
More Pact-ness
In all my slow reading, I'm finally starting to get to the end of this book. Everything is getting to the center of the story. In part, Michael and Gus are started to get a relationship, which is bound to ruin the two families. I also am starting to figure out what actually happened before Emily's death. It's intriguing, though, to listen to the two lawyers at the trial for Chris, and hear how Picoult has effectively set out the dialogue in such an intense manner. It's gotten me quite hooked into finishing this book, and it's caused me to really connect more with Chris. Reading about his past and how he hears Emily speak about suicide. The tension that builds up in Chris, the thought that someone so close to him is about to commit suicide, and he can't do anything to stop it. I really understand that helpless feeling, and it really, in a way, makes me feel like Chris in those sections. I don't know how it actually turns out, but I still am excited to find out the truth of this tragedy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment